Re-use and Re-cycling
Re-use of tin/cans
adds further advantages to re-cycling. Re-use takes not only the material value into consideration but also the value of transportation of the material. Re-use also collects more material for
re-cycling when the products from re-used materials wear off.
The chart below shows the material cycle and energy in/output for re-cycling and re-using.
The added advantages of re-using are:
- saving of resources since more material is re-cycled
- education of consumers on environmental issues
- slower filling up of waste sites
- saving of energy during the use of tin/can products
- creation of jobs for people with no skills